Why should I use nootropics?
The benefits for you
In the early days, before "nootropic" was a popular class of supplements, brain supplements were used primarily by seniors seeking memory support.
Now, nootropics are used by all age groups for a wide variety of potential benefits. In general, these uses can be divided into performance benefits and health benefits.
Cognitive Function Benefits of Nootropics
Cognitive performance benefits associated with various brain supplements and smart drugs are more numerous and expansive than ever before. The more science investigates nootropics, the more potential nootropic benefits are uncovered. These include enhancements for:
• Memory - Traditional one-dimensional long-range memory pills have evolved into dynamic nootropics for short-term memory, recall, and learning.
• Mental Energy - The brain has high energy demands. When brain energy runs low, mental functions suffer. Nootropic supplements can fuel the brain and optimize energy metabolism within the brain, helping to rejuvenate cognitive performance naturally.
• Attention - Nootropics enhance various aspects of attention, focus and concentration; these cognitive function benefits can give users an edge in productivity.
• Learning - Students of academia and lifelong learners can benefit from nootropics' various enhancements for cognitive learning processes like memory formation, storage, and recall.
• Mood & Mental Health - Nootropics that help with relaxation, confidence, mood balance, motivation, sociability, anxiety, happiness, and more can optimize cognitive function and improve live performance.
• Creativity - Brain wave-tuning nootropics can foster relaxed, free-flowing thinking that is conducive to creative thinking, artistic exploration and quiet contemplation.
• Physical - Although they are brain supplements, nootropics are now in the sports nutrition canon due to their ability to improve motivation, training intensity, and focus in the gym.
• Stress Resistance - Nootropics, especially the class of herbs known as adaptogens, have well-documented anti-stress benefits. Stress reduction can enhance the brain performance of everyone, from multitasking professionals to competitive athletes.
Whether it's improving mental performance, reducing the risk of disease, or raising your resilience against stress, natural nootropics offer a wide range of benefits for overall well-being and cognitive fitness. Understanding how to incorporate these supplements into your life can help you better understand your health and how to optimize it.
Brain Health Benefits of Nootropics
Nootropics are primarily known as cognitive enhancers that can help your brain perform better in day-to-day life. That's part of why nootropics are associated with students, driven professionals, Silicon Valley minds, and athletes. The cognitive benefits we just discussed can be considered short-range performance effects you can feel.
But the best nootropics also nourish the brain for long-range benefits. Some of the areas where nootropics may help with long-range brain health include:
• Brain aging - Certain nootropics help to protect the brain from unstable molecules called free radicals. Researchers suggest that free radicals bombard neurons in the brain (and cells throughout the body), causing damage that actually accelerates aging. Healthy individuals may help protect and maintain their youthful brain structure with antioxidant nootropics that neutralize marauding free radicals.
• Cognitive decline - Mild mental processing issues are considered normal as we grow older. In fact, these challenges are known by names like Age-Associated Cognitive Decline, Age-Related Mental Decline, and Age-Associated Memory Impairment. Some nootropics help to slow this natural decline and help people stay sharper and longer.
• Mild cognitive impairment - Cognitive impairment is another brain health concern, manifesting as brain fog and sluggish mental processing. Nootropics may help in several ways, supporting healthy brain structure and mental function over time.
•Brain structure changes - Some brain health problems are caused by irregularities in the brain's structure. Nootropics may help to maintain normal brain structure in healthy individuals. For example, Vitamin B12 helps retain the fatty myelin sheaths surrounding brain cells and neurons.